Construction on Brant Ave. will begin July 22nd, 2019 - Please take this into consideration if you have an appointment. Thank you for your cooperation and patience during this time.
Violence Against Women Groups
The VAW groups are designed to help women who are survivors of emotional, physical and/or sexual abuse.
It helps women…
- Grow in their understanding of their right to be physically and emotionally safe
- Build self-esteem
- Recognize warning signs of abuse
- Make positive relationship choices
- Empower themselves to set healthy boundaries
- Overcome the negative impact that abuse in past relationships can have on trust and intimacy in current relationships
- Learn to deal with conflict and anger
- Reduce or eliminate nightmares and flashbacks of abuse
- And much more….
Women Initiating New Growth in Self – Esteem
Goal: To help women free themselves from the impact that abuse has had on their self-esteem.
- Learning more about who you are
- Self acceptance
- Nurturing yourself
- Using affirmation and positive self-talk to rebuild self-esteem
- Celebrating your accomplishments and abilities
- Setting boundaries to protect your self-esteem
Soaring above the Turbulence: Learning to Deal with Conflict and Anger
Goal: To empower survivors of abuse to deal with conflict and anger in effective ways
- Ways to overcome obstacles to assertiveness
- The functions of anger
- Ways to calm down
- Constructive solutions for problems that are fueling anger
- Steps to empowerment
- Letting go of anger that is no longer useful
Flying together in Healthy Relationships
Goal: To provide information that will empower them to make healthy relationship choices.
To support survivors of abuse in past relationships in their efforts to build healthy relationships in the present.
- Difference between abusive and healthy relationships
- Rights in relationships
- What to look for when trying to choose a non-abusive partner
- Research on what builds relationships vs. what destroys relationships
- Ways to put relationship-building skills into practice in non-abusive relationships
These group programs are FREE, but registration in advance is required.
For more information or to register, see our Women’s Calendar.