To reduce the spread of COVID-19, our team is currently offering all appointments via telephone or video chat. Find out more call: 519-753-4173 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Violence Against Women Groups
The VAW groups are designed to help women who are survivors of emotional, physical and/or sexual abuse.
It helps women…
- Grow in their understanding of their right to be physically and emotionally safe
- Build self-esteem
- Recognize warning signs of abuse
- Make positive relationship choices
- Empower themselves to set healthy boundaries
- Overcome the negative impact that abuse in past relationships can have on trust and intimacy in current relationships
- Learn to deal with conflict and anger
- Reduce or eliminate nightmares and flashbacks of abuse
- And much more….
Women Initiating New Growth in Self – Esteem
Goal: To help women free themselves from the impact that abuse has had on their self-esteem.
- Learning more about who you are
- Self acceptance
- Nurturing yourself
- Using affirmation and positive self-talk to rebuild self-esteem
- Celebrating your accomplishments and abilities
- Setting boundaries to protect your self-esteem
Soaring above the Turbulence: Learning to Deal with Conflict and Anger
Goal: To empower survivors of abuse to deal with conflict and anger in effective ways
- Ways to overcome obstacles to assertiveness
- The functions of anger
- Ways to calm down
- Constructive solutions for problems that are fueling anger
- Steps to empowerment
- Letting go of anger that is no longer useful
Flying together in Healthy Relationships
Goal: To provide information that will empower them to make healthy relationship choices.
To support survivors of abuse in past relationships in their efforts to build healthy relationships in the present.
- Difference between abusive and healthy relationships
- Rights in relationships
- What to look for when trying to choose a non-abusive partner
- Research on what builds relationships vs. what destroys relationships
- Ways to put relationship-building skills into practice in non-abusive relationships
These group programs are FREE, but registration in advance is required.
For more information or to register, see our Women’s Calendar.