Violence Against Women Groups
The VAW groups are designed to help women who are survivors of emotional, physical and/or sexual abuse.
It helps women…
- Grow in their understanding of their right to be physically and emotionally safe
- Build self-esteem
- Recognize warning signs of abuse
- Make positive relationship choices
- Empower themselves to set healthy boundaries
- Overcome the negative impact that abuse in past relationships can have on trust and intimacy in current relationships
- Learn to deal with conflict and anger
- Reduce or eliminate nightmares and flashbacks of abuse
- And much more….