Leadership Development Course
At Family Counselling Centre of Brant, we believe that everyone should have the opportunity to be heard and to help shape the community. We all benefit when diverse experiences and perspectives are shared. For this reason, we offer a free leadership development course for individuals living with an intellectual disability who are passionate about making a difference.
Our course supports student leaders as they build leadership and advocacy skills while working towards a certificate. Their coursework prepares them for supported placements in groups such as neighbourhood associations, boards, and community-planning groups based on their interests. Placement opportunities are selected to ensure that student leaders can create meaningful change both now and in the future.
The next Leadership Development course will start the week of January 27th, 2020 and run for 10-12 weeks. Classes will be 2 hours a week and placements will run for 5 weeks.
Apply for the Leadership Development Course
We’re looking for student leaders! Please note that registration is limited and applications are necessary. If you:
- Are passionate about making a difference in the community
- Are ready to learn about leadership, advocacy, and how to create change
- Are over 18 years of age and living with an intellectual disability
- Have had at least one volunteer, professional, or personal development experience in the community
- Can provide 2 references that speak to your experience and leadership skills
Apply as a Leadership Development Volunteer Mentor
We’re looking for compassionate mentors hoping to gain experience supporting and learning from student leaders living with an intellectual disability! If you:
- Are available for 6 hours a week for 10 weeks starting January 15, 2020
- Get excited about offering tutoring, coaching and mentorship during lessons and community placements
- Can commit to attending all training, classes, and one-on-one mentoring
- Can provide a vulnerable sector police screening check
Now accepting applications.
Apply to become a volunteer mentor